CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Powered By Blogger

My Cute Family!

My Cute Family!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Our Vacation....days eleven and twelve. The Last Leg.

Well, we were pretty much done!  When we woke on Friday morning, we found ourselves docked in San Diego.  We had already packed and our luggage was taken in the middle of the night by porters.  We set it all out in the hall.  They collected it and readied it for debarkation.  All we had to do was get dressed, gather our carry-offs and eat breakfast!  While we waited for our group to be called to leave, we sat on the lido deck eating soft-serve ice cream.  I think I had three.  They were small, so don't freak!

Soft-served ice cream!  Help yourself!!!


We got bored of waiting so we just went to stand in line even though our group number would not be called for a while.  They didn't even check our numbers.  So off we went!

Now....we'd been battling cool weather this whole vacation, but when we got off the boat we started to roast!  It was hot!  Dang!....time for summer clothes, and we had all worn long pants, sneakers and sweaters.  We didn't get very far before we had to stop to strip off the excess layers. 

We found our van just as we left it.  The bananas I had left in there had survived!  I figured they would be brown and mushy.  No!  I think they liked being wrapped in plastic and put in a dark place.  They were perfect! 

We planned on driving straight through to Sacramento.  I wanted to visit my brother and his family on our way North.  The only stop we had to make was back in Highland.  I had to return a book to my friend, Inez.  I took it with me so John could sign it, since it was one of his.  Also, Austin wanted to stop back at Two Guy's, the restaurant, to buy salad dressing....just about his favorite food in the world....if you can call a salad dressing "food".

By 10:00pm we still hadn't reached Sacramento.  So, instead of bothering my brother for sleeping arrangements so late, we decided to just get a motel.  In the morning we went on to his place and had a nice visit with him and his six girls!  I also had a new grand niece to meet.....that was nice.

We got to Redding at lunch time and, of course, we had to stop at IN-N-OUT for our last burger for a long time.  *sigh*....it sure was good!

At about 6pm or so, we pulled into our driveway!  We had completed 2 1/2 Fablehaven books.  We fulfilled much of our to-do list and everything at home has been well taken care of!  It had been a very successful trip! 

Now our vacation is done.....and I'm done typing about it, too.  It's been fun to remember this great time I had with my family.  The memories of it will be with me for a very long time!  In fact it's been so fun to write about this one, that I may go back to write about the other trips we've taken!  Ok!  I think I just gave myself a goal!

A big thank you to my husband who worked so hard this last year so we could afford this trip.  Thanks to Diane and John.  Thanks to our great van that takes us to so many great destinations.  And thanks to all of you who have read and enjoyed!  Love ya all!  Farewell!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete