CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Powered By Blogger

My Cute Family!

My Cute Family!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Our Vacation.....day one. We're on our way!!!

Early Tuesday morning, the alarm wakes a very tired me!  I was up late getting ready to go on our vacation doing necessary last-minute things:  laundry, dishes, packing, cleaning, feeding rabbits, saying goodbye to everyone on Facebook.  It's not like I didn't have 8 months to do all that!  I knew this day was coming....why did everything have to get done all on the last day???!  I didn't get to bed until 1:30 AM.  grrrr.  The only consolation I had was that I knew Jim would be driving, so I'd get to sleep! 

This was going to be a great day!....I just knew it!  Even though we'd have to sit on our kesters all day, I reveled in the thought that for lunch, I'd be sinkin' my teeth into an IN-N-OUT burger!  Oh yes!  I hadn't had one in over a year and it was on my list of places to eat for our vacation!   I'm so glad Jim was with me on this one!  No kicking or screaming or begging to get him to take me there.   We have a mutual love for this restaurant, though I like just the cheeseburger (with everything) and he likes the double/double animal style. 

Another thing I was looking forward to was Fablehaven.  Fablehaven is a series of fantasy books.  Jim had bought them on CD and we were going to listen to them in the van as a family while we drove.  Everyone seemed copacetic with it except Max.  This comes to no surprise to me.....he dislikes just about everything the rest of us likes.  It's his nature.....he's only happy when he has something to complain about.  We love him anyway.  But his moaning about not being able to hear his ipod because the CD was too loud was not going to dissuade me from turning it down or off!  I had looked forward to it and I was enjoying it!  After a couple of hours of listening (and almost dead silence from everyone the whole time!), we had to stop for gas or the potty, or something, and when we were all back in the van, Max says, "Ok, turn it back on!".  What???  "Max, are you liking the story??"  "Maybe".   hehe   A small victory for literature! 

As we approached Redding, Californina, my mouth started to water.....yes, Redding holds the closest IN-N-OUT Burger to Oregon.  Just walking into one of these stores is like heaven!  The smell is wonderful!  I left that restaurant a very satisfied and happy lady!

The rest of the trip to Southern California was pretty much uneventful.  We go though most of the first book of Fablehaven and arrived in San Bernardino at about 9:00pm.  And DANG!  What is going on with the freeways??  I didn't even recognize the place with all the construction going on.  Well, good for them.....improvement is always a good thing.

We stayed in a hotel on Hospitality Lane.  We chose there, because it was right across the street from the San Bernardino County Records office.  I wanted to be there right when it opened in the morning.  I had to get a copy of Erin's birth certificate so we could get on the cruise ship!  I couldn't find her's at home....it was not with all the others.  I panicked for about a day before I figured out that I could just get another one when we came down.  whew!    I have no idea when I used it last or where it disappeared to....I'm hoping it's not in evil hands who plan to use her identity for their use!  Jezz.....the things I can worry about when I set my mind to it!   I'm sure it will show up some day.....I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment