CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Powered By Blogger

My Cute Family!

My Cute Family!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Our Vacation.....days two and three. Disneyland!

So....we finally made it to San Bernardino Tuesday night.  Early Wednesday morning I headed over to the San Bernardino County Records office to get a copy of Erin's birth certificate and Jim took off to Costco to fill the van with gas.  Divide and conquer!  I was second in line and got that done within 15 minutes of the office opening.  No prob! 

Off to Disneyland!!!  Yes, we spent two days at Disneyland/California Adventure.  We found discount tickets off Craigslist.  Park-hopper, two day tickets.  It was still a pretty penny, but it was worth it.   The guy we bought them from did this as a business....he buys five-day tickets in bulk and resells them to the public.  The down side for those of us that buy them, is that we have to return them so they can be sold to the next person to finish using off the five days.  So you can't loose them!!  If you do, you pay the difference.  YIKES.  I threatened the kids with their life.....They better not loose their ticket!!!  They didn't....they did very good!

My main goal was to see those attractions that had been remodeled that I hadn't seen since completion.  Mainly Pirates of the Caribbean, Finding Nemo and Captain EO.  I also wanted to make sure I hit all the roller coasters and Soarin' California.  Did all that and loved it, but our big surprise and new favorite ride was Toy Story's Midway ride!  Wow, was that cool!   It's a 3-D ride that is also a game....similar to Buzz Lightyear but better.  It sure gave my arm muscles a work out!

I also loved the Zoetrope in California Adventure's Hollywood backlot.  If you go to youtube and type in Toy Story Zoetrope, you'll see it in action.  It's much better in real life, but you can get the idea from the video.  I stood there for a long time watching it.....very cool!

Captain EO was sure nostalgic!  I loved it as much as I did when I was a teen, but I also recognized how cheesy it was!  lol!  Special effects sure have come a long way!  Who can deny that Michael Jackson was so cool....and a great dancer!  Anyway.....I was really excited to share that part of my childhood with my kids even though they didn't seem to think it was all that great.  Oh well....can't win 'em all!

The roller coaster in California Adventure was great!  I could have done that all day!  Well, that and Soarin' California.  I ended up doing Soarin' three times and the coaster twice.  Love it!   Other highlights were The World of Color, Space Mountain, and broccoli-cheese soup in a bread bowl that I discovered in California Adventure.  It sure hit the spot when I was so cold the first night!  It was also fun to watch the little kids fight Darth Vader!  That was sure cute!

The first day it rained all afternoon.  We got soaked.  And then it started getting cold in the evening and we had to go to the van to get more coats.  All our shoes squished.  The up side?  Getting on the rides suddenly got very quick because when it rains, people leave!  yay!  The second day, it was overcast and looked like it would rain, but never did.  The crowds stayed and we didn't get to do as much....such is life.

I only wish we would have brought in food.  I knew it was expensive, but dang!  Just about killed us!  Lesson learned....again!

Over all we had a great time.....except Max.  Yes, Max would have rather had sat in the hotel, I think.  The only salvation for him was Autotopia and the Toy Story ride.  He did them over and over, even without us.  Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment