CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Powered By Blogger

My Cute Family!

My Cute Family!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Our Vacation....day seven. A long day at sea.

I think cruise ships are a bit boring.  Every day they give you a new schedule of events for everything that is going on....some are amusing and some are just stupid.....but not many things appealed to me.  If you are a drinker, gambler and like to stay up late trying to find a date, then ship life is for you!  I do none of these things.  I do like some of the games and trivia contests even though I'm not very good at them.  I hit as many of those as I can....and Jim even won two games.  His prize was a "plastic, gold ship on a stick".  The second time he won, he gave it to the runner-up, cuz one plastic ship is enough....trust me!   That first evening we did go to a stage show....music, singing and dancing.  It was ok.  The costumes were good.  It reminded me of Las Vegas, though.  I've never been to a show in Vegas, but when sitting in this show, I felt like I was there!

I really wanted to lay on the deck, read a book and soak up the sun--it was on my to-do list.  Today would have been a good day for that even though it was not as warm of a day as I would have liked.  Unfortunately, everyone else on the boat had the same idea, and finding an available deck chair was nearly impossible.  I decided to give up the idea for that day with a promise to myself that I'd do it in three days while on our way back to San Diego.  I was hoping it would be a warmer day than today, and I'd get out there right after breakfast so to assure that I'd find a chair. 

So we wandered around for the most part.  Max and Jim played miniature golf.  The the rest of the kids swam....they complained that the water was salty and there was a lot of people!  We also attended two lectures by John Bytheway.  I really enjoyed those and loved that he used power-point to help with the points he was making.  I think the kids loved that they were meeting someone as famous as him rather then just enjoying his message.  oh well.


The ship itself was very beautiful.  The decor was wonderfully done in a Renascence theme.  I just wish they didn't have so many bare-breasted statues and artwork.  I mean, I have teen aged boys and I'm sure it was uncomfortable to them, as well as for me, knowing that they were looking at them.  *sigh

The ship food is as wonderful as could be, of course, and I tried not to fret too much that the calorie intake was huge.  Lots of water, brisk walking and taking the stairs instead of the elevator help me feel better about it.  (I hesitate to mention that I actually brought exercise clothes just in case I felt the urge to actually find the gym and give the body some REAL exercise!  The gym clothes never even make it out of the suit case!)  


Buffet!

The dessert bar!  yum!

Dinner on this day was a little different than usual.  It was called "formal night".  They don't let you in the dinning room unless you are dressed up.  We knew this before the cruise, so I had packed a very nice outfit for the occasion.  Black skirt and blouse with a silver, sparkly over jacket-thing.  They offered lobster as one of the entrees.  I'd never had lobster before, so I decided to get that one.  It reminded me of crab more than anything.  I thought it would be more like shrimp.  It was ok....I'm not sure I'd ever order it again....mostly because it is usually so expensive and not THAT great.  oh well.

I still was just looking forward to getting to Cabo.  I love to shop (maybe I should say I like to "buy"....I'm in, I'm out, I got it done) and we had signed up for a whale-watching/snorkeling excursion for the first day there.  It promised to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment