CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Powered By Blogger

My Cute Family!

My Cute Family!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Our Vacation....day ten. Another day at sea.

Cabo was fun, but like all good things, it must come to an end.  Time to get back on the ship and head back home.  They told us that we HAD to be on the ship no later than 2:30 or we'd be left behind.  yikes!  No problem.....we finished our shopping and were back on the ship in plenty of time.

The next morning, on our way back to San Diego, we saw nothing but ocean....not only because we were far enough out at sea, but because it was overcast and foggy!!!  Oh man!  PLEASE warm up so I can go soak up the sun!!  PLEASE!  No luck.  By the afternoon it did clear up some, but it was so cold!  *grumble, grumble!*  So much for laying out....

Ok, so what do I do now?  More wondering around.  Ice carving demos and trivia games.  Eating.  Two more lectures by John.  A farewell meeting with our group complete with slide show of our cruise and everything we did.

Dinner was a little different.  All the waiters and their assistants did a dance and sang and waved their serving towels around.  It was fun to watch!  We had the same waiter every night, so we got to know him pretty well.  All the seating in the dinning room is assigned and so you sit in the same place every night.  His name was Alan...he was from Croatia.  Just about every worker on the ship was from a different country.  I did see a few from America, but not many. 

Over all, I had a very good time!  I'd recommend a cruise to anyone!  It may have sounded like I was bored, but really it was not that bad.  To me, a cruise is about the ports of call.  So spending so much time on the ship is not what I like.  But the food and service were wonderful!  "The Cruise Lady", who we booked our cruise through, did a fantastic job and we will defiantly be booking with her again!  Thanks Diane!!!  Meeting John and his wife, Kim, was a pleasure and the highlight of our trip.  We got lots of pictures and plenty of souvenirs.  We even took a family portrait with one of their professional photographers on board, and individual photos of all the kids.  We haven't done that in a long while, so that was nice. 

Going to bed was bitter sweet.  It marked the last night of our long-awaited cruise, but I was also looking forward to getting home and sleeping in my own bed! 

I have decided that the two cruises that we've done to Mexico have been fun, but we're ready to move up to something else.  I wouldn't mind visiting the east side of Mexico some day.  Right now we have our sites set on Alaska in July of 2012.....just Jim and I.  We'll see how it goes.  Most of it depends on Jim's work, of course.  "Money makes the world go round"....it also determines our vacations! 

No comments:

Post a Comment