CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Powered By Blogger

My Cute Family!

My Cute Family!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Confessions of a Gameaholic.

I like (wait, that's an understatement...I "LOVE") video games.  Always have.  It all started with Atari....and Space Invaders!  I was awesome at it....had the high score in my family.  Actually, I don't think anyone even tried to beat me....I'm not sure they even cared.  But I WAS hooked!!  Then there was pong and Donkey Kong among others.

And it wasn't just the home games that I liked, I also got into arcade games as they got more popular.  My all-time favorites in the arcades were Star Wars and Joust.  There were others but those kept my interested the longest.

It wasn't until I got married and we got the better systems that I realize how much I REALLY loved games.  I tend to gravitate toward platform games mostly.  My first love was Zelda, Ocarina of Time.  Then Ratchet and Clank one, two and three, Banjo Kazooie, and Jak and Daxter.  It was like reading a good book--I just couldn't stop until I reached the end. 

I've learned not to even start a game if I want to keep my house remotely clean.  And when Jim comes home from a hard day's work and I'm playing a game....again!...Well, it doesn't do a marrage good.  So I haven't played a long game like that in quite a few years.

Then there are computer games.  Top favorites:  Minesweeper, Spider Solitaire, Free Cell, Tetris, Chip's Challenge.  Love 'em all!  I had heard that they were making another Chip's Challenge.....heaven help me!  It's no wonder my bottom is starting to widen....all the sitting I do!

I've often pondered why I love games, being a female and all.  I know that it is usually a male stereotype:  boys sitting in front of the big screen for hours on end, eyes glued to the flashing lights and cartoon heroes who are in search of a lost maiden, iron strong thumbs--thumbs who react on their own with out any help from the attached person.  Well.....that's me.  Or it was.  Like I said...I haven't sat down to a good game in a long time....not since the PS2.  I don't even know how to turn on any of the newer systems.  I sometimes will exercise with Wii Fit.  But I can only do it if one of the kids is at home so they can fire it up for me.  I'm such a dork. 

I'm not sure I'll ever stop loving electronic games.  My husband said one day, "Let's hope there are computer games in heaven or Marla won't know what to do with herself."  !!!  "Hey!  I only play games cuz I'm bored!  In heaven, I'll have better things to do....visit friends, play music, travel in the blink of an eye.  It's all good!"  I truly believe that, actually.  And the retort seemed to satisfy Jim....I'm happy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to your blog Marla :) Mine is...
    www.thesmithlife.blogspot.com (I'm a bit slow in updating it though)
    -Having 5 brothers I rarely got a chance to play video games growing up... I agree that they are really fun though!

    ReplyDelete