CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Powered By Blogger

My Cute Family!

My Cute Family!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Michelle, my belle......

I wonder how many little girls would have been named Susie, or Sally or Jane if The Beatles had not wrote and sung that song: "Michelle".  I'm glad that song came out a year after I was born, or I may have suffered the same fate.  LOL!  Actually, I think it's a lovely name.  I've had many friends with this name and they hold special places in my heart! 

Let's start with the best:  Michelle V.  I didn't meet her until I was in High School.  She was introduced to me by a mutual friend.  We all loved horses, so it was a great start to a very long friendship.  We had the same view on many things: animals, boys, God.  Our adventures went from many hours horseback riding, to beach trips, to sharing a house for a little while.  From horse/dog/bird/rabbit buying, to working at the same place, to cruising Market St.  We shared dogs, clothes and crushes on the same boys.  We did daring and dangerous things, and things that could be embarrassing if it was to be admitted.  We fought, we had differences of opinions, we cried, but we always made up.  She remained my best friend until I found Jim.  (He has replaced all best friends and remains my best friend ever since....sorry Michelle!  lol)  I'll always treasure my time I spent with her.  Some of my best memories of all time include her and wouldn't trade them for anything!  Thanks Michelle!!!!

Michelle C. was my best friend through most of my Elementary School days.  She lived across the street from me, so it was easy to get together with her.  Like me, she also loved animals.  She got a horse as a Christmas gift from her parents and we had the best time riding him and hanging out at the stables.  We'd spend our days outside on our bikes, in the hills and down at UCR.  She had a younger brother named Michael.  She also had two dogs:  Monique and Midnight.  My dog's name was Mickey.  We where all "M's".  We called ourselves the "M" club.  What fun!  But of all my regrets regarding friends, it was her.  For some reason I got terribly mad at her.  So mad that I cut off our friendship right then and there.  The horrible thing is, I can't even remember what I was so mad about.  I wish I knew....I wish I could talk to her and tell her sorry and tell her how much our friendship meant to me at the time.  We had so much fun together.  We were such a good pair!  Love ya Michelle!

The next most important Michelle was Michelle R.  She's the mother of Chanelle, the girl who lived with us for four years.  Very nice lady.  We spent a lot of time together....so much so, that when she was loosing her apartment and knew she was going to be spending time on the streets, she asked me to take her daughter until she could get on her feet again.  She spent some time living at my house while Jim was here in Oregon and I was needing help at home in California.  She writes wonderful letters to us saying the most nicest things!  I do wish her the best!  She is loved!

Currently I have two Michelles that go to my church.  I admire them both very much.  Michelle F. is RS president of our ward and does a terrific job at it.  She's humble and sweet.  She keeps a very nice home despite having three children that keep her busy.  Michelle J. is also one who is always on the ball.  She has four young children and manages to keep up on her house and her talents (music, art, homemaking!...just to name a few!).  She cans, makes home-made bread and even held a cheese-making class at her house.  Both of these ladies are fine examples of the kind of woman I would like to be.  Love you guys!

Many other Michelles have come in and out of my life from elementary school to the present day...all of them playing a different role in my life, whether a friend, an acquaintance, or someone who was animal or business related.  It's all good!  I love 'em all for who they are even though I don't associate with them any more.

Thank you Beatles!  Without you I would not have had an excuse to do this blog entry and highlight some of the wonderful ladies in my life!!!

4 comments:

  1. It's about time you wrote something. :) BTW, do you know any great Debra's (or Debby's, or Debbie's) lol

    Love ya sis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know....I think about posting all the time. I just find it hard to justify taking the time to do it. The Michelle post has been on my mind for MANY months! I actually sat down to do a different post and thought that the Michelle post had been waiting longer, so I did it instead. Sigh....not enough time for me in a day! ahhh!

      Delete
  2. Very sweet, and what a nice tribute to your Michelle friends. I love that song. Do you know any Rubys? "Ruby, My Love." How about any Sheila's? "Sheila, Sheila, Sheila, do you love me?" Of how about Cecelia? "Woe Cecelia, I'm down on my knees." j/k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marla, this was fun to read! Who knew that there were so many people named Michelle in your life? Glad to hear about them and to know that I am one who hasn't tarnished the name :) Thank you so much for your kind words and for including me in this post. You yourself deserve praise for your many amazing abilities! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete