CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Powered By Blogger

My Cute Family!

My Cute Family!

Monday, May 7, 2012

My Biggest Dilemma

I love animals.  To anyone who knows me, this is no surprise.  I've often contemplated why.  I've also wondered what it would be like to be without animals in my life.  I know I'd be a lot less busy!  My house would be in better condition, I'm sure.  I'd have more time for other things that I love, like crafts and my family. 

My husband, as well as others, think I'm crazy.....no one, to my recollection, has ever come out and said those words, but I know that's what they think.  Once in a while Jim hints that they really should go.  Ain't gonna happen.....at least not any time soon.  You're only young for so long....there will come a day when I can't physically handle taking care of them all.  When that happens, then they will go and then we can do other things....you know, old people activities.  I'm not sure what that will entail, but I'm sure it will be fun for us.  ??

I get a kick out of people when they say that they have a dog and a cat and it's so much work and it's hard to go on vacation or any lengthy trip.  lol!  I've had multiple animals for 13 plus years and we've managed to go somewhere almost every year.  We've always been blessed to find people to come and take care of everything.  Usually we can get them to stay at the house.  I like that kind of arrangement.  One year Jim and I went to Hawaii for two weeks and had to find a place for all the kids, too!  But it all worked out and the trip was great!  It's amazing how easy it is to find help when you offer to pay them!

I find my obsession a mystery and hard to explain to people.  It dawned on me, one day, that it's very similar to men and their love for....well, love!  They can't really help it.  They think about it a lot.  And when they don't have it they miss and long to have it!  It's just the same for me:  I can't help it, I think about it a lot and when I didn't have animals (and even when I do!), I do nothing but dream about when I could have a pet again.  The other thing is....I never have enough!  I still long for more!  *sigh*....it's a dilemma, yes it is (right guys?)!

There is great satisfaction in taking care of another creature.  Mothers know this feeling with their children.  It feels good to be needed, and children and animals both fulfill that.  I do appreciate that part!

Sometimes, though, I wish I didn't have any animals--I curse this desire I have:  when I'm tired, have no money to buy feed, have no time........  But the feeling goes away eventually and then I'm happy I have them again.  Unfortunately, this hobby is not the kind you can just walk away from when it's inconvenient.  Animals have to eat and drink...every day!  They have to have their areas cleaned up....often!  You can not NOT buy food just because you don't have the money for it.  I've always been able to buy feed.....not sure why, but they've never gone hungry even though we've had times when we are scraping to feed even ourselves.  I've been very blessed!

Yep, I'm crazy.....I admit it.  But, I can't help it!  I supposed I could just go cold turkey and be without.  I could go see a shrink or some similar person to help me with it.  Nope.....  I figure, if men can have it when it's available, then I should have it, too.

Not sure if that's good logic, but it works for me!.....for now, anyway!

1 comment:

  1. You are hilarious. I love it. I am so glad you decided to post, you definitely have to keep this up, I love to laugh!

    ReplyDelete